Sudden influx of toys and wondering where on earth you’ll store them all?
First of all, if there are toys that your kids don't use or have grown out of, don't keep them hanging around, there are lots of places to sell or donate pre loved toys.
When it comes to organising, you want to keep it simple and make it easy for your kids to access and put away their own toys. My top tips would be:
1. Sort and separate the toys into categories (trains, lego, puzzles, superheros, dolls etc), your kids will know where to find toys and where to put them back.
2. Use open storage where you can, baskets with handles are great as they are easy to pull out and your kids won’t have to struggle with lids. Best of all, they can literally throw it all back in when it comes to tidy up time.
3. If you are pressed for space, think of using wall shelves for small stuffed animals, their latest lego creations or drawings that can be displayed.
4. Labelling containers is another great idea that will make it easy to find toys and put them away. Use age appropriate labels and pictures labels if necessary.
5. If you store toys in a shared family area go for natural toy storage, made out of seagrass or wicker. That way, they will go with your decor and you can put them out of reach when using the space for adult entertaining.